God Is Not Your Problem! by E. Davenport January, 2012
Naomi’s husband Elimilech died and she was left with only her two sons who soon married two women of the country of Moab. After ten years, Naomi’s two sons both died. Now, that must have been so painful for Naomi. She had heard that God was Blessing the people in Bethlehen, so she decided to move back because Moab had a famine…and she had no huband nor sons.
Naomi headed back to Bethlehem with her 2 daughter’s in law and then something made her stop. Her thoughts. She decided to tell them both to go back to their land and to their people. She felt they still had an opportunity to get a husband, but she felt that all was basically lost for herself. Orpah one of her daughters in law decided to turn back after a good cry. Ruth however, would not leave her. She loved her too much and would not abandon Naomi.
When Naomi returned, it says that the people were gathering to meet her. But her response was :
20And she said unto them, Call me not Naomi, call me Mara: for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me.
21I went out full and the LORD hath brought me home again empty: why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the LORD hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me? Ruth 1
But Naomi, if you read the story was a very wise woman and she guided her daughter in law and it became well for both of them. Ruth and Naomi gleaned from the fields of a Rich relative of Naomi’s husband and ultimately he bought the land of Elimilech and according to custom, married Ruth the Moabites woman and made her his wife.
As you read the story, things are steadily happening for Ruth and Naomi in their favor. I saw a continuing increase in Naomi’s faith. In the end, she heard this from her neighbors:
14And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the LORD, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.
15And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
16And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.
And it was all true. Naomi realized that God was not her problem. Her problem was faith and trust. God does not take away husband’s or sons….He is in the Blessing business and in the business of restoration. It gave me great joy and inspiration to hear this story og unconditional love!
GOD IS NOR HAS EVER BEEN YOUR PROBLEM! HE IS HOWEVER, YOUR SOLUTION AND IF YOU WILL LET HIM HE WILL GUIDE YOU OUT OF THAT PLACE OR SITUATION THAT YOU WANT TO BE GONE FROM!!!
- RUTH: A Love Story (Part 1) (fellowshiproom.org)
- Naomi and Ruth (brakeman1.wordpress.com)
- RUTH: A Love Story (Part 2) (fellowshiproom.org)
- The One Message We Do Not Want To Give! by E. Davenport January 31, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Call me Bitter (ptl2010.com)
- Everyday Miracles! Pleading The Blood Of Jesus! by E. Davenport January 29, 2012 (thebloodofjesus.wordpress.com)
- Faith Books Burning!!! by E. Davenport January 29, 2012 (peacefulone.wordpress.com)
- This Is The Year For Your Miracle! by E. Davenport January 1, 2012 (peacefulone.wordpress.com)
- Unbelievers All Around! by E. Davenport December 11, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Faith And Prayer For Others! by Elaine Davenport January 7, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)