Do not let anything or anyone knock you off of your faith stance. You cannot go by what you see or hear. Just believe God. You win. The bible says so! The devil cannot defeat you!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10: 10
- We Walk by Faith and not by sight (whatthebiblesaysdoctrine.wordpress.com)
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
Acts 11:22-24 The report of this came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. When he came and saw the grace of God, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose, for he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.
A man once talked his neighbors into going to church. He was believing that God would save them once they got there. He had even prayed about it. The family came: the husband, his wife, the children. The minister was Kenneth Hagin and he had agreed with the neighbor the night before. As the service winded down…it looked like the man would not go forward to receive salvation. As time ran out, the youngest child went forward. She was soon followed by her sister. Next, the mother came and she was followed by her husband.
God wants to save our households. This is a very tender subject matter. In some cases historically men have not attended church in a majority of families. It has always been acceptable. However, it’s a prayer matter. God wants to save entire households. Once we have prayed, we must continue to Thank God for answering our prayers. Here are some scriptural points:
1. Please Ask God to Soften Their Hearts
Ezekiel 11:19 – “And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh…”
Ask God to speak to their hearts. Pray for the condition of their hearts to change. You may recall a person or subject that they are tender hearted towards…ask God to make their hearts as tender towards Him as it is for whatever the other person or thing is. You will know and if you do not…ask God to show you!
2. Being Desperate! I admire the African people because they are so focused when it comes to God. They are not ashamed to say that they need help. They are not ashamed to believe God for the impossible! They have no problem in saying that they need help. You see the average Christian in America is scared of a crowd. If the pasror asks people to come forward for a matter, many concern themselves about what others might think. This reluctance is unbelief whether it’s doubt or what it is an inability to hear God and respond immediately. For our families…we have to be desperate for their salvation and close walk…with God. We cannot settle for our families to have a lukewarm life with God.
3. Ask God to release a spirit of conviction in their hearts:
Ask for the release of the spirit of conviction of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come.
John 16:8 – “And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment…”
People know right from wrong, however they sometimes procrastinate more often than they should. Many of us do this in one area or another.
4. Pray for the EYES OF THEIR HEART to be opened and to see…
God works often through :people, dreams, visions and angelic visitations.
Ephesians 1:17-19 – “…that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might…”
5. Ask the Holy Spirit To help them. Perhaps they have memories from their past that will help the situation. Ask the Lord to stir it up in them.
1. John 14:26 – “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”
2. Isaiah 55:11 – “So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
6. Forgiveness- Forgiveness is the master key that unlocks the prison door to a stone heart. The model prayer of Jesus is not an individual prayer. It is a corporate prayer.
Matthew 6:9-15 – “Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father who is in Heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. (For Yours is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.)’”
7. Pray that they will understand what eternity is.
Ask the Lord to give them an awareness of the realities of both Heaven and Hell. Ask the Lord to reveal that none are righteous and that we each need to receive the free gift of eternal life through Christ Jesus!
8. Pray for the laborers…I always pray that God will send His brightest and best laborers!
Matthew 9:38 – “Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.”
9. Pray for a spirit of boldness: Ephesians 6:19-20 – “…and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the Gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.”
10. Get others to join you in prayer: 2 Corinthians 1:11 – “…you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed upon us through the prayers of many.”
11. Ask God to pour out His love onto and into each and every family member of yours! 1. Romans 2:4 – “Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and (forbearance) and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?”
2. Romans 12:14, 19 – “Bless those who persecute you; bless and curse not…Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord.”
Finally, stand in unwaivering faith that they will soon walk into God’s loving arms joing the family of faith and please stay out of God’s way instead of egging them on, admonishing, chastising them etc. because of their choices. Let God do His work.
And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Acts 4: 33
- The Boldness of Grace (incontestable.wordpress.com)
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
About 55,000 tourists visit Liechtenstein every year. This blog was viewed about 220,000 times in 2012. If it were Liechtenstein, it would take about 4 years for that many people to see it. Your blog had more visits than a small country in Europe!
Luke 2; 9-12
And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. And the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. “And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths, and lying in a manger.”
Tomorrow the world celebrates Christmas! People will eat, some will dance, some will exchange gifts….many will treat it like a special day…but many will not understand. ……they’ll think it is a time to rest and visit friends and after all of the comraderie they may think: “Mission Accomplished!”
However, that is a fraction of what it should be like. You see tomorrow is a day to express our gratitude and one day we’ll KNOW it…one day we’ll readily SHOW it! It won’t be a one minute blurb before dinner but some real PRAISE…the kind given when the WORLD SERIES IS WON! You see…Jesus won the World Series against the Deviliers (that’s what I call them) and he whooped them, made a show of them and now sits at the right hand of The Father where he lives to intercede on our behalf.
Please do not forget…Christmas represents God’s total love for us! Jesus gave his life that we might live eternally. It’s not a thought…it’s a truth! It’s the truth of our foundation, our faith, our lives!