1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 (King James Version)
12And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
Our Great Respect For Men and Women of God should always be shown…
I have high regard for the ministers that God has placed in our lives. My highest regards are to my pastor and his family and that reflects in my prayer life.
I have great respect and love for my pastor and his family. In fact, so much that I don’t talk about praying for him and his family; I actually do it. I agree with everything that he says and I’m an objective person. He is my spiritual father and that is actually hard to say since he is younger than me. (smiles) I thank God for he and his wife and their obedience and I thank God mostly for the fact that they are God led and God loving.
I am pleading to your common decency to urge you to begin to pray for every pastor that crosses your path. Pray that the ones who are terrible will get better and pray for the ones that are good to get better. Pray for their families and pray for their flock. Pray for them to stay focused on God and not man. Do not distract them and do not bring them to shame.
Don’t be selfish; support them and no…I am not a pastor, just an observer!
Pray for their protection, their confidence, their hearts, their health, their minds, their strength, their longevity…PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM! God will answer.
Unfortunately, this post does NOT cover the entire problem; we could do a lot more as a flock, but this is a good beginning. (that I must concede!)
GOD LIVES INSIDE OF EVERY BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN. FOR SOME THIS IS:
There are people who think that they need extra help to get an answer from God.
Many Christian people in churches all over this nation and even the world fail to realize that God Himself lives on the inside of every believer. Yet, they feel that when hit with something grave they must get in the physical presence of their pastor and that nothing short of that will suffice.
The poor overloaded pastor hit with things that prayer would produce an answer to…is stuck between a rock and a hard place. It’s no wonder that we have pastors who think themselves mini versions of God.
Let me be clear, this isn’t every pastor; not by a long shot.
There are a huge group of pastors who are teaching their flock that God is on the inside of them and to put their faith in God above and not man.
This does not fall on deaf ears; but too often when a crisis arrives…people want to see the pastor so badly that if they are unable to do so; they lose faith, give up or get mad or offended. This should not be so.
So you’re probably saying: “okay smarty pants, do you mean that you’ve never asked your pastor to pray with you for anything?”
READ THIS LOUD AND CLEAR:
I stay connected to my pastor by going to church regularly, absorbing all of his messages, reading his books, and he encourages me through these methodologies and inspirations. I get my answers by staying connected to the source of the power…God.
I have written my pastor before and I always received a response and always favorable. I am sure it’s because I was led of the spirit to do so in the first place.
Now let’s get to the nitty gritty:
1. Do you have a personal relationship with God?
2. Do you honestly keep your life God centered?
3. Do you read the bible and think about what you’ve read regularly?
4. Do you know what to do spiritually in a crisis?
5. Do you have a regular prayer life?
6. Could your life honestly be better?
7. Are you being the best that you can be physically, financially, spiritually, academically etc.
8. Are you doing the job that God has placed on your heart?
9. Has God sent you to a special or a certain church?
10. Is your focus on your church and that alone?
11. Do you have a pastor?
12. Do you realize that the pastor has an assignment from God to download God’s teaching and instructions and relay them to you and others?
13. Have you thought about how great that responsibility is?
14. If yes, do you pray for your pastor and his family daily? (Thinking about them doesn’t count)
15. Have you thought about how you can be a Blessing to your pastor in any small way?
Please pray about it…