(Offense, pride, rumors, personal dislikes, spiritual dullness (which could be your fault), lack of biblical instruction or understanding and no revelation….) Make no mistake; it is all rooted in poor instruction, a lack of prayer and spiritual warfare.
I do not support church hopping; but I do understand it. I am not insensitive! If you can really hear from God; it is highly likely that He sent you to where you are. God needs you to make a difference and make it better. He needs you to show your love, His love, your humility and your lack of pride in its many forms and levels of deception. (but that’s another article; another time)
He has placed you there to pray that they do not miss it; that’s why He has you there. If you aren’t doing this; get busy. It’s not about your plan. It’s about God’s plan. Change your life…put Him first!
I received a telephone call yesterday. It really does not matter who it was from because I’ve had at least three such calls this week and have heard this a lot over the last year. The caller stated that the people at their church weren’t paying their tithes anymore and people have left because of vicious rumors.
Wow! That opens up several kegs of worms….
1. The bible teaches us that when times are good; we must prepare for bad times. Churches must do this too. Read This about Joseph interpreting Pharoah’s dream:
2. Ministers must teach their congregations about tithing and what God says about it!
3. Ministers must teach their flock about the damage of gossip and rumors!
4. Every church needs a Prayer Team. I am often surprised at how many churches do not. Prayer is essential to the body of Christ.
5. If you’ve been chosen by God to lead a flock; do not ignore this and do not take this lightly. (THE POWER OF PRAYER!)