There has been a lot of turmoil in our country these last days and weeks. It was mainly political; though I am sure that one can find many to say that much of it was demonic.
This is not from left field because I have received a fair supply of emails saying just this. However, the babyish behavior and the documented hatred has been shameful.
The whole debate is over the mandatory National Health Care plan that was passed. People were out protesting in droves. People felt quite passionately about it. Many were on the offense; coupled by a an under current of not liking the president and others were on the defense because of their passion and support for the president.
Even if you hate the whole idea of big government; anyone with a heart wouldn’t want to trade places with the president.
Many have asked us whose side are we on; and our answer is: “We’re on God’s side!”
Here’s some of our thoughts:
The Bill Itself has some good and some bad points; for a fact.
1. We do not support abortion funding by the government. (hoping it will be corrected asap) THIS HAS BEEN CORRECTED! GOOD! We do not support abortion.
2. God says take care of the poor; and the poor do not have Health Care coverage. Do we have the right to ignore it as believers and to say: “every man for himself”? Well, that’s the Babylonian mindset…so there will be a division of what people believe because we all are not Babylonians.
3. Is this the first time that we’ve been forced to pay for something that we may not “individually” need?
(It won’t be the last)
4. It’s sad that a bunch of lawyers couldn’t write and agree upon a better plan.
5. It’s sad to see so many citizens get out publicly to show the ugliness that the world watched with the name calling and the spitting! Shame on you!
6. We fully support President Barack Obama…and we hate that he gets the blame for a package put together by so many people with so many political priorities.
7. Would we have voted for that proposal? No way…but there still …must be a plan to help the poor.
8. It is very good that insurance companies can no longer red line the people who already have coverage! ( or can they?)
9. Have you ever heard the expression: “The devil is in the details”? Well, he’s all in this one…causing divisions and anger and people who want to win…no matter what! stay true to God and don’t draw the line until you know everything. We admit that we do not. Therefore, we will not draw a line in the sand. We’ll just watch and pray.
10. What lessons have we learned about political maturity or immaturity in the United States government regarding this issue?
11. Last, but not least…Our National Deficit…it’s ridiculous…the country does not need more debt… ( so glad that the Kingdom economy is different…)..can’t deny that…but also can’t deny…that it began a while back and was greatly escalated by George Bushes search for “weapons of mass destruction…and the “attachment” wars that came with it!)
So, the real question is: “Will this do more good than bad?”
The road ahead is going to be tough for some…but I will have peace…I will not let anyone or anything steal my peace! That’s why I don’t like the way politics are done nowadays; but I do understand that the government must be run. I will pray for all of those who work in government…and for our countrymen and women and our children…I pray that you’ll join me.
Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; let Your good Spirit lead me into a level country and into the land of uprightness. Psalm 143: 10