Listen to music while you read : Under The Blood Of The Lamb by Dean Tarkington
I will not be flip about the Blood of Jesus. It’s not common, in anyway and it is not ordinary. It’s “not” some magical formula whether you plead it, sprinkle it or strike the lentil with it.
The real effect comes from your understanding what the blood is and your having faith in the power of the blood.
Here are some scriptures on the Blood of Jesus. They tell a story.
The Blood of Jesus represents forgiveness, atonement, protection, deliverance, protection, power and it represents the love opf Jesus for every believer. It represents a power that God gives to every believer for themselves, their families, their belongs and their defense and offense!“For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew 26:28)
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.” (Ephesians 1:7)
- “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been made near by the blood of Christ.” (Ephesians 2:13)
- “For the life of the flesh is in the blood … for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.” (Leviticus 17: 11)
- that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” (Hebrews 2:14)
- “He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13)
- “Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.” (Colossians 2:15)
- “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” (Revelation 12:11)
PROOF OF THE POWER:
“Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)
“Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach “… but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.” (Daniel 11:32)the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” (Luke 9:1)
WHAT GOD WILL DO WHEN YOU PLEAD THE BLOOD, SPRINKLE THE BLOOD OR STRIKE THE LENTIL WITH THE BLOOD:
“For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)
So “Why The Blood of Jesus?
If you buy a new car…it comes with a warranty….and if something happens to that car…you go and you demand even politely that they make good on that warranty.
A warranty is defined as: guarantee: a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications.
Your requirement was to buy the new car…and you are given so many days or miles in which the warranty is good. After the deadline; it’s no go! But remember…a warranty is only GOOD AFTER SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!!!
A covenant is different. It has requirements for us…but the guarantees are for coverage at all times!
A covenant is defined as: Bible) an agreement between God and his people in which God makes certain promises and requires certain behavior from them in return.
The Blood of Jesus is part of our covenant package. There are many rights and benefits that believers have and they are all listed in the bible. The Blood of Jesus is one of them…but we have many many more.
Why The Blood? It’s our right, our benefit, our covenant with God…God wants us covered…because He cares…He loves us… He knows what we face and He will not have us defenseless! That’s why.
When Moses called for all the elders of Israel and said to them, “Pick out and take lambs for yourselves according to your families, and kill the Passover lamb.
22 “And you shall take a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin. And none of you shall go out of the door of his house until morning.
23 “For the Lord will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you.
The blood represented the Blood of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev. 13:8). Judgment was legally avoided because of it.
The blood applied stopped the destroyer. Action was required — not just belief in the blood.