When God blesses you or takes you to new levels in Him, you lose friends. It’s hard because sometimes the very people who you thought would always be there are the ones that leave. When you start doing what God purposed you to do, there are going to be people to support you, some to leave you, some will talk about you, and some will push you toward your purpose. You have those friends that will be upset and say you’ve changed. Truth is, you did! When you have friends that are used to being in your life, they tend to envy things that will come in between your relationship with them. You may have friends that are comfortable right where they are, so instead of them seeking God for more along with you, they start hating on your progress. Don’t worry though because losing friends is all apart of the process.
When people are content where they are, they want others around them to be content too. They will cheer you on until they start to notice that you’re passing them by. Haters are cool with you being blessed until it starts to appear that God is blessing you more than them. It’s not that He won’t bless them because God will… He’s just keeping His word. His word says seek and ye (you) shall find. If you’re constantly seeking God, He’s not going to hide from you. He’s going to keep His word. God loves humility. When you show Him you’re hungry for more, He’s going to feed you more.
So while God is in the busness of ELEVATION, whether its on your job, your relationships, your finances, your ministry, or just more of Him. LET GOD ELEVATE AND IGNORE THE HATE! It’s just a simple as that….
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom…
- Why I Gave My Heart To Jesus! by Elaine Davenport May, 2011 (healmenow.wordpress.com)
- Rekindling! by Elaine Davenport April, 2011 (healmenow.wordpress.com)
- Resolutions For 2012! by E. Davenport December 10, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas From Cafe Sozo December 12, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- When God Says: “Go!” By E. Davenport December 16, 2011 (ephesians.wordpress.com)
- Cafe Sozo Celebrates 2 Million Hits! September, 2011 (ephesians.wordpress.com)