THE DOCTOR SAID HE THOUGHT I HAD A BRAIN TUMOR! There are so many different types…most will mightily alter your life or end it.
I really did not know that much about Psalm 23 at the time. I had only said it at funerals. But, they had stuck me in this capsule while they were on their search and destroy/rescue mission. Well, I was fighting the voices telling me not to have the surgery and the fact that I did not like being in that capsule. All of a sudden I start chanting Psalm 23. A great peace came over me.
They found a tumor…I had a stroke in the surgery…my recovery should have never come…but it did..but God wasn’t through yet…
Psalm 23 helped to change the course of my life. When I read it; Iget strength and have courage and I receive great comfort!
I love the part that says He maketh me to lie in front of my enemies, He anoints my head with oil, my cup runneth over…surely goodness and mercy shall follow me…
I take that to say that when I face my enemies…the Holy Spirit is covering me and there is no reason whatsoever for me to be afraid. God sees things long before they happen and though it is new to us…God has already prepared. So stand in faith and get before Him for your instructions on what to do. So many people miss this all the time…they have religion. Yet, they do not have the understanding. Please read carefully below how God anoints His sheep with the Holy Spirit.
Psalm of David. PSALM 23 (Amplified Bible)
1 The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
3 He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
6 Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
- Psalm 23:5 It is difficult for those living in a temperate climate to appreciate, but it was customary in hot climates to anoint the body with oil to protect it from excessive perspiration. When mixed with perfume, the oil imparted a delightfully refreshing and invigorating sensation. Athletes anointed their bodies as a matter of course before running a race. As the body, therefore, anointed with oil was refreshed, invigorated, and better fitted for action, so the Lord would anoint His “sheep” with the Holy Spirit, Whom oil symbolizes, to fit them to engage more freely in His service and run in the way He directs—in heavenly fellowship with Him. (Author Unknown)
- Why Do You Fret? by Lanie Davvy October 30, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Needing God’s Justice! by Lanie Davvy October 30, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- How to produce anointed books which change lives (radiqx.com)
- Psalm 23 with prayer (monicamiller.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 23: “God’s Antidote To…Everything” (jemijo.wordpress.com)