If you really want a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE; YOU’D BETTER START WITH A HEALTHY SPIRITUAL LIFESTYLE!
THE DEVIL DOESN’T WANT YOU TO PRAY!
For many years, I helped the devil…unwittingly of course. I did not have a consistent prayer life and because I didn’t I missed a lot.
Somewhere way back in my life I mistakenly thought that I should only bother God about the big things. If you have ever seen the show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire…then you know about the 3 Lifelines. Well, that was my way of thinking. I did not want to bother God.
Truth be told, I went to God quite a bit….I just didn’t realize it.
God doesn’t mind how often you come to Him to pray or talk to Him and listen to His response. His only requirement is that you come in faith. That faith can be a little tiny bit; but if you’ll dig in and hear His word…that faith will grow and grow.
Now, some people that read this do not have a prayer life, but you know that you should. I SAY THAT YOU WILL HAVE A PRAYER LIFE! I don’t mean because the bible says so…I mean because in your heart, in your spirit you know that you should be praying.
TEN TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED WITH A PRAYER LIFE
1. Praise God! Rejoice! Get some praise music going.
2. Begin a lifestyle of reading the bible for at least 15 minutes a day.
3. Start off small. A lot of time is not necessary until you need it…but reserve about 15 minutes for talking and about 20 minutes or less for listening to that still small voice.
4. Unless you have an impeccable memory get a pencil and a notebook and record what you hear. Keep it private. Everything cannot be shared. Pray for guidance.
5. Follow God’s plan for your life, He has one for you.
6. Make God first, and He’ll turn your life around like you have never known.
7. Repent your anything you’ve ever done wrong to God if you haven’t already and let it go.
8. Give your burdens and your weights to God. He’s big enough to carry them.
9. Accept God’s correction, love, forgive and be prepared to sow into other people’s lives.
10. Tell somebody else. It will Bless them.
The devil does not need you praying. He will attack you in whatever way he can. His main strategy is to distract you and to get your mind on something else. He’ll give you 100 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT PRAY! You already have the victory! OH YES YOU DO!!!
If he can pull you away from God, The Blood of Jesus and The Word…he can continue messing with you and setting up negative outcomes for you and your family. Are you going to help him?
MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!
Daniel 10:3, 12-13
“I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.”
(The prayer had already been answered)
YOU DO HAVE A PRAYER LIFE! BEGIN TODAY!