Acts 11:22-24 The report of this came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. When he came and saw the grace of God, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose, for he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.
THE DOCTOR SAID HE THOUGHT I HAD A BRAIN TUMOR! There are so many different types…most will mightily alter your life or end it.
I really did not know that much about Psalm 23 at the time. I had only said it at funerals. But, they had stuck me in this capsule while they were on their search and destroy/rescue mission. Well, I was fighting the voices telling me not to have the surgery and the fact that I did not like being in that capsule. All of a sudden I start chanting Psalm 23. A great peace came over me.
They found a tumor…I had a stroke in the surgery…my recovery should have never come…but it did..but God wasn’t through yet…
Psalm 23 helped to change the course of my life. When I read it; Iget strength and have courage and I receive great comfort!
I love the part that says He maketh me to lie in front of my enemies, He anoints my head with oil, my cup runneth over…surely goodness and mercy shall follow me…
I take that to say that when I face my enemies…the Holy Spirit is covering me and there is no reason whatsoever for me to be afraid. God sees things long before they happen and though it is new to us…God has already prepared. So stand in faith and get before Him for your instructions on what to do. So many people miss this all the time…they have religion. Yet, they do not have the understanding. Please read carefully below how God anoints His sheep with the Holy Spirit.
Psalm of David. PSALM 23 (Amplified Bible)
1 The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
3 He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
6 Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
- Psalm 23:5 It is difficult for those living in a temperate climate to appreciate, but it was customary in hot climates to anoint the body with oil to protect it from excessive perspiration. When mixed with perfume, the oil imparted a delightfully refreshing and invigorating sensation. Athletes anointed their bodies as a matter of course before running a race. As the body, therefore, anointed with oil was refreshed, invigorated, and better fitted for action, so the Lord would anoint His “sheep” with the Holy Spirit, Whom oil symbolizes, to fit them to engage more freely in His service and run in the way He directs—in heavenly fellowship with Him. (Author Unknown)
- Why Do You Fret? by Lanie Davvy October 30, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Needing God’s Justice! by Lanie Davvy October 30, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- How to produce anointed books which change lives (radiqx.com)
- Psalm 23 with prayer (monicamiller.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 23: “God’s Antidote To…Everything” (jemijo.wordpress.com)
This morning before I awoke, I realized that I had been hearing this song over and over again. It was amazing because I had not heard it in years. I wasn’t sure which of my childhood churches I had heard it. You see, I was a Lutheran–Baptist. As a result of that journey…I learned two really important things: 1. God s real and 2. Faith is amazing!
I SURRENDER ALL by Judson W. Van De Venter 1896
- All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
- All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
- All to Jesus I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
- All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
- All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
I woke up with the sweet thought of the Father on my heart.
YOU SEE…God the Father, the maker of heaven and earth created us. We choose to be His children. I’m so glad that I did. Without trying to sound churchy…I want to say that God The Father…has always been there for me. He gave us Jesus and The Holy Spirit. So, it is with great humility, reverence and love that say to Him….so today like everyday… say to God the Father with all thanksfulness…
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!
But if I say I’ll never mention the LORD or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it!ut if I say I’ll never mention the LORD or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it! Jeremiah 20: 9
For many years, many of my friends seemed to have a fervor that I lacked! Oh, I loved the Lord and I loved (and still do) church; but I lacked a certain fervor. I knew them well enough to know that they were not faking, it was not for show, it wasn’t any think that they personally orchestrated. They had it; I didn’t.
I wrote for God, I served with a passion, but my fire was seldom seen. It usually was when I faced a challenge that no one knew about except me. And it often came at the back end of a self invoked pity party. I was immature spiritually , I wished at the time that I could do better and other times, I just did not realize it.
One day while in prayer I was inspired to start a Prayer Library. So, I did. At first, it wasn’t that easy. I handled it incorrectly instead of trusting God. Finally, I did and with little out of pocket expenses ( i.e.; gas money) , the books began to pour in. In fact, I got a call today.
More prayer days later and I really got inspired! I was inspired to read some of the books that had been sent. They are too many to name, but I am still amazed at the plethora of faithful servants who write for God and many I had never heardof.
As I began to read the books, I soon realized that their was fire in those books and it began to get in me! I changed.
All of a sudden I was filled with fire, fervor and faith! It is a super sized combo meal and I love it!
- Never Forget The Power Of Prayer! by Elaine Davenport April 30, 2012 (ephesians.wordpress.com)
- A MOTHER’S DAY PRAYER! by E. Davenport May 13, 2012 (ephesians.wordpress.com)
- Ministering On The Streets! by E. Davenport April 30, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- My Reality by Elaine Davenport April 30, 2012 (peacefulone.wordpress.com)
- Prayer and Faith – Part 2 (whytheyarelaughing.wordpress.com)
Please know this is all said with GREAT humilty! Cafe Sozo Faith Center is please to announce that we are the recipient if the Versatile Blogger’s Award! And we received it from people that we do not know…in the natural. But…God makes the connections; none of us can ever do what He does!
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Phillipians 4: 4
At first we were in shock about it…but we woke up!
First of all, we give a hearty THANK YOU to those faithful and talented administrators who Blog over at the Pure
They nominated us…wowee! I mean this! Hazel Straub and Apostle Gabriel Cross work in the vineyards for the lost and for those in God’s army. There job is too keep us all supplied; a daunting task! Their writings are so powerful. In the early morning hours God in His great Wisdom and Majesty has led me to read their prophetic and on time messages! I know that the ministry of Apostle Cross is in Alaska. I got a chuckle out of it because all of my Blogger friends have been in faraway places like: Sharon in Australia, Yeap Chee Seng in
Singapore, Bisi in London, Gladwell was in Poland at one point and there were more; but they all stopped (with the exception of Bisi who still continues on and actually does a lot of kingdom work; incuding another Blog and an Onlune Radio station with the most beautiful Christian music ever!) and moved on.
It is so nice to get recognition; though truth be told none of us do this work for that reward for great is our reward in heaven, and yet it is nice to get earthly awards. Few understand that Blogger’s generally work long and hard. We’ve got to study, set up, organize, write, pray and often start over again! So it is nice to be recognized! THANKS!!!!
THE RULES TO FOLLOW FOR THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD:
1. Add a picture of the award to your blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other Bloggers and inform those 15 they have been nominated.
HERE ARE SEVEN SERIOUS RANDOM FACTS ABOUT CAFE SOZO; FAITH CENTER:
1. Cafe Sozo has 8 different Blogs; but Faith Center is the largest one! Cafe Sozo was born out of two prior Blogs that were not receiving traffic. When we moved to WordPress our traffic quadrupled times two. (smiles) During this jouney, we’ve been strengthened and we’ve been rekindled! We are open to moving closer and to God at all times and to receive the manna that He has for us to sustain us and strengthen us as we joyfully carry out His work with willing hearts!
2. Cafe Sozo is about to celebrate 5 years of writing and ministry on the Internet. Those first few years were mostly 12 to 14 hours of Blogging and tech support stuff. The Holy Spirit is truly the best teacher. I can’t say that I was as on fire as I am now; I was more compelled; I thought I was more radical…but I am now!
3. Cafe Sozo has over 700,000 hits just to the Faith Center Blog alone; all eight Blogs have received over 2 million hits!
4. Only one person runs Cafe Sozo, Faith Center…that is God. I am His humble trustworthy assistant. It’s the best work I’ve ever had. I was a little girl in a family that did not attend church. At the Lutheran Church; I heard from God at the age of 10. I now am non denominational.
” For in like manner, because the body is one and there are many members in it, while all of them are many members, they are one body; thus also is The Messiah.”
1 Corinthians 12: 12
God has sent a host of people to write for Cafe Sozo; but there are only two writers who contribute to Faith Center regularly and they are Elaine Davenport, a prayer Intercessor who lives in the Midwest and Gene McGuire, a man of God who has a huge international network who lives in the D.C. area. . They met when Elaine sought to be put on Gene’s mailing list a list he has maintained over Twenty-Five years! (Gene’s niece is a neighbor of Elaine and her husband. ) Please note that Gene writes at WISDOM OF GOD
5. Cafe Sozo prays for every reader, person who visits, persons who comments and all of their Internet Divine Connections on a daily basis. What we pray for ourselves…we also pray for you! We also pray for every current, past and future Bloggers because we have seen many come and go. We pray for people everywhere most especially those on the Internet given the challenges that they face! We take authority over strongholds that would prevent any of them from experiencing victory in their lives.
6. We have always reached out to others…this online ministry was born from a personal ministry to 3 young women with cancer. We expanded to sending letters to people’s houses and to distributing letters to those that wanted them. We did this on a monthly basis for three years until we were led to come Online and minister to the world. We have adopted a ministry in India; and our Prayer Team holds and annual fundraiser where we sponsor needy ministries. We hope to expand our efforts.
7. We are on fire for God! We admit that we have been unable to answer all of our prayer requests on an individual basis! We view all of our readers with bowels of mercy and hearts of compassion. You have strengthened us dear readers and we thank God for you! We have veyr big dreams and plans for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
I admit; that I did not even know 15 Bloggers who have stuck around. (smiles) The fact is that most Faith Bloggers do not do so! I had to pray and trust God to show me who purely have a heart for Him. These people are presented with the Highest Recommendation! Bisi Oladipupo who lives in the UK and I have Blogged together for a few years and I count her as an honorable friend as well as Gene McGuire who has so often supplied an overflow of God’s FRESH ammunition at a time of need …and there are many that I do not know personally only by the spirit but their faithfulness, sincerity, anointing and purity of heart as well as obedience deserve recognition! THANK YOU ALL!!!
As a bonus here are 7 Brief things I should have included above; but I’m a Blogger and we throw in extra words (that have meaning…) :
1. I’ve had over 100 jobs; this is my fave!
2. I’m in leadership over 40 Prayer Warriors…who taught me how to pray.
3. Gave up meat, cake, pie, cookies etc for Lent last year…but continued on…I’m still alive!
4. God healed my feet last yeat…nothing hurts worse than when your feet hurt; if so…I don’t want to know.
5. Our kids won’t leave…
6. Prayer changes everything…
7. Jesus wants to meet with you.
I heartily to encourage you to visit all of the sites…it will Bless you! Here are the nominations for the Versatile Blog in no particular order:
1. Gene McGuireWisdom Of God
2. Bisi Oladipupo, Inspired Word’s Weblog
4. Admin., Bound 4 Grace
5. Vernon Weiss, 5 G’s And A Cup Of Joe
6. Prayson Daniel, With All I Am
7. Administrators, Mcrtbcrew
9. John Acuff, Stuff Christians Like
10. David Qaoud, Stuff That’s Relevant
11. Kelly, A Disciple’s Steps
12. Dawn, The Gentle Art Of Learning
13. Admin., A Day In The Life Of A Woman After God’s Heart
14. Karen Twombly, Peaceful Gatherings
15. Demetria Matthews, Being A Better U
- The Devil Says: “Give Up!” by Gene McGuire January 28, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Resolutions For 2012! by E. Davenport December 10, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Forces Helps Cage Sozo Celebrate Two Million Hits! September, 2011 (prayerwarriors.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award 2 (allaboutlemon.com)
- The versatile blogger award (whatweatetodayuk.com)
- Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
- Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalm 36:9
For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
- Psalm 38:10
My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.
- Psalm 43:3
Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
- Psalm 44:3
It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them.
- My Rock and My Salvation (lovemeanyway.wordpress.com)